Privacy and Cookies Policy
This is the Privacy and Cookies Policy for the website at www.himsworthscott.com (the “website”). The website is operated by or on behalf of Himsworth Scott Limited (we, us and our). We are a company providing legal services. Our registered office is at Fountain Court, 2 Victoria Square, Victoria Street, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 3TF. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (the “Policy”) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you via the website will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
For the purposes of European data protection law, (the “Data Protection Law“), the data controller is Himsworth Scott Limited.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate purposes to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table:
|Google Analytics||“_ga”||Used to distinguish users||2 years|
|Google Analytics||“_gat”||Used to throttle request rate||1 minute|
|Google Analytics||“_gid”||Used to distinguish users||1 day|
|Google Analytics||“AMP_TOKEN”||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID Service.||30 seconds to 1 year|
|Himsworthscott.com||“shift-cookies-policy”||Trac user interaction with cookies policy notice||1 year|
|WordPress||“wordpress_test_cookie”||Tests cookies are supported by the browser||Internet session|
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your internet browser settings to reject cookies. How you do this will depend on the browser you use. These websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
How we use your information
We will use the information that we collect:
- to administer our website under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our legitimate efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including analytics and search engine providers for the purposes of assisting us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets subject to the terms of this Policy;
- If Himsworth Scott Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Himsworth Scott Limited, our customers, or others.
Storage of your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We retain personal data acquired from you via the cookies explained above in accordance with the functionality of each of those cookies and that cookie’s expiry period (as described in the cookie table above).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party.
You can exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html ).
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this policy